US-Bangla eyes contributing to 50pc aviation market share : MD Mamun

_A Monitor Report Date: 16 October, 2021 | 606 Views
A31.jpg

Dhaka : US-Bangla Airlines is targeting to hold 50 per cent share along with Biman Bangladesh Airlines by increasing flights in the international routes, said Mohammad Abdullah Al Mamun, Managing Director of US-Bangla Airlines.  
He said this while addressing a function organised at Jashore Airport on the occasion of starting US Bangla Airlines' direct flights on Jashore-Chattogram route on September 30. On the same day, direct flights on Saidpur-Chattogram route were also inaugurated from Saidpur Airport.
Speaking on the occasion, the MD of US-Bangla said in his speech, currently the two are the only local airlines operating international flights from Bangladesh with a market share of 20 per cent while the rest 80 per cent is occupied by foreign airlines. 
He further mentioned when a Bangladeshi expatriate returns home by a Malaysian Airlines or Singapore Airlines flight, their remittance remains in that country. "However, we are retaining remittances of BDT 4,000 crore by operating flights on these routes," noted US-Bangla chief. 
US-Bangla Airlines currently has 14 new aircraft in its fleet, including four Boeing 737-800s and six brand new ATR 72-600s.
The Managing Director said they have plans to operate more flights by purchasing 16 brand new aircraft in the next two years. These aircraft will fly from Dhaka to all countries in the Middle East, Rome in Italy, Toronto in Canada and Heathrow in London.
Flights to Male from Nov 19
US-Bangla Airlines is going to start direct flights from Dhaka to Male, the capital of Maldives, the new and tenth international destination in its network from November 19. 
US-Bangla will initially operate three weekly direct flights on Dhaka-Male route every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday.
The largest private airline of the country will fly from Dhaka to Male every Tuesday at 11:10 am and arrive in Male at 2:35 pm local time while the return flight will take off from Male at 3:35 pm on the same day and arrive in Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in the capital at 8:35 pm.
On Friday, the flight will leave Dhaka at 10:45 am and land at Male at 2:15 pm local time. The return flight will leave Male for Dhaka at 3:15 pm on the same day and will land in Dhaka at 8:15 pm.
Also, US-Bangla will fly from Dhaka to Male every Sunday at 9:30 am and land in Male at 12.50 pm local time. On the same day, the return flight will take off from Male at 1:55 pm and reach Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport in the capital at 6:55 pm.
The minimum fare on the Dhaka-Male route, including all taxes and surcharges, is BDT 29,508 for one-way and BDT 45,545 for return.
From November 19, US-Bangla Airlines will operate 164-seat Boeing 737-800 aircraft from Dhaka to Male. 
Soon, US-Bangla Airlines plans to launch flights to Colombo, Jeddah, Riyadh and Dammam too.
 

Share this post

Also on Bangladesh Monitor

Subscribe Us

Please Subscribe and get updates in your inbox. Thank you.